WURD Radio, LLC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,000.00 – $54,000.00 per year plus Commission
Experience level: 2 years
Schedule: Monday to Friday with Weekend availability
Travel requirement: Up to 25% travel
Reports to: Director of Sales
The top priority of the Senior Account Executive is to secure new advertising sales and sponsorships that are consistent with the station’s programming, company, and individual financial objectives. In addition, the Senior Account Executive is responsible for the maintenance of assigned client/agency relationships and the presentation of the WURD brand as a viable multi-platform marketing resource. Potential candidates for this position should have strong organizational and communication skills and are dedicated to providing professional and quality service while representing the station in all sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 3-5 years prior experience in Direct, Agency, and Corporate-level media sales.
- Strong background in sales consulting with a focus on customer satisfaction and long-term relationship development with very strong understanding of the competitive media landscape (radio, digital, entertainment, etc.)
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills with great follow up and organization
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and proof of current automobile insurance.
Specific Job Duties include (but not limited to):
- Identifies and solicits new business across radio, digital and corporate spheres.
- For both new and existing clients: builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects including client/agency needs and develops persuasive proposals and strategies to meet said needs as well as to grow relationships.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding monthly and annual sales goals and projections.
- Work with executive management to grow company revenue by developing strategic partnerships and implementing marketing strategies that generate short, intermediate, and long-term revenues through advertising
and event sponsorships.
- Responsible for development and implementation of client presentations and client services that could include remote broadcasts, event management and on site program support.
- Monitors competition to continually find new account leads
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings as outlined by Management.
- Follow all station procedures with consistent accuracy for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, issuing sales contracts, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
- Responsible for collecting and turning in all monies from assigned client/ad agencies
- Works with Programming to insure client compliance with station standards relating to on-air activity.
- Assist in creating PR and Marketing Programs to enhance the image and to expand the audience of WURD Radio as requested by management.
***All other related duties as assigned.
This position requires frequent tasks both in an office setting and in the field. Candidates must be able to operate a motor vehicle, a computer keyboard, and standard office equipment. They must also be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, and stretch for extended periods of time. This position may involve exposure to outdoor weather conditions, and may require the lifting of objects of up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
Philadelphia, PA 19125: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit wurdworks.com.