A TV group that is a diverse, privately held and growing local broadcast organization is looking for their next General Manager to run their mountain west markets. Offering a broad range of advertising, marketing and programming solutions for their clients, the General Manager will help maximize revenue and share. An interested Station Manager must have experience working in small or medium sized markets and a proven track record of maximizing revenue, inventory, employee performance and training as well as have a desire to be a leader in the local community. If you are a current General Sales Manager, Director of Sales, Local Sales Manager or even a current General Manager in a smaller market, this is your next career move.
These are wonderful 4-season markets with everything the outdoors lifestyle has to offer including some of the best fly fishing and hunting in the US. Beautiful mountains as your backdrop and this community is a great place to retire or raise kids with a reasonable cost of living. Plus, there is no state sales tax! Since they are independently owned, there is no frustration by cookie-cutter corporate systems. Bring your energy and autonomous work-style and make this your own.
This position offers full health benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation time along with other various perks of the job.
Job Duties and Expectations:
- Manage all duties involved with revenue including forecasting, budgeting, inventory management, goals, pricing, etc.
- Create sales events/promotions.
- Work Closely with news departments to generate & implement lead generation opportunities.
- Coach and lead sales staff by participating in client meetings, building relationships with top clients and being active in the community.
- Must have proven track record as a broadcast sales manager.
- 5+ years of TV sales preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required. Must have strong management and organizational skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and have excellent leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
- Proficiency with OSI and COMSCORE is a plus.
- Report weekly to CRO/CEO, who both work out of the market.
- Must be willing to relocate.
All qualified prospects should email Arminda@mediastaffingnetwork.com
All inquiries will be kept confidential. E.O.E.