A growing and privately owned local broadcast organization is currently looking for their next General Sales Manager in a beautiful upper Northwest state. This position is based in one market but will oversee 2 other markets in the state. If you are a current Local Sales Manager, General Sales Manager, Digital Sales Manager or Senior Account Executive with goals of managing a team, this is the opportunity for you.
You won’t be bothered by cumbersome corporate systems but instead be energized to be in an environment where you have autonomy with accountability. They are looking for their next great leader to help maximize revenue and share in their markets.
Working under the VP/General Manager, you will be leading the sales team to help maximize revenue, inventory, employee performance and train as well as be a leader in the local community. Having experience in a small or medium-sized market is a plus!
This is a wonderful market with everything the outdoors lifestyle has to offer including some of the best fishing and hunting in the US. Beautiful mountains as your backdrop making this community an exciting place to live. Plus there is no state sales tax!
This position includes full health benefits and 3 weeks’ vacation time.
Job Duties and Expectations (including but not limited to):
- Manage all duties involved with revenue including forecasting, budgeting, inventory management, goals, pricing, etc.
- Create sales events/promotions.
- Work Closely with news departments to generate & implement lead generation opportunities.
- Coach and lead sales staff by participating in client meetings, building relationships with top clients and being active in the community.
- Must have proven track record as a broadcast Sr. AE or sales manager.
- 5+ years of TV/Radio sales preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required. Must have strong management and organizational skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter and have excellent leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
- Proficiency with OSI and COMSCORE is a plus.
- Report to CRO when necessary, who works out of the market.
- Must be willing to relocate fully.
Please reach out in confidence to Arminda Lindsay, Arminda@mediastaffingnetwork.com