Who they are:
An independent radio group is searching for a General Manager to oversee their Alaska operation including five stations in Anchorage and one in Wasilla. Based in Anchorage, which is often referred to as “The City of Lights and Flowers,” and the largest city in Alaska, you will be responsible for all market operations including radio and digital sales programs. Anchorage has long been a beacon calling for adventurous souls. The mountain ranges are speckled with powder hounds, bikers, hikers and campers. At lower altitudes, there are options for fishing salmon, biking or exploring area glaciers. This opportunity for work life balance is waiting for the right manager.
This premiere radio broadcasting group based in the Northwest has 11 stations and a robust digital company and pride themselves on delivering high-quality entertainment and informative content to their listeners. This is a female owned company looking for a candidate with an owners’ mentality. They need YOUR input to grow the company. They do not have a top-down approach but rather a horizontal organization with autonomy to make impactful decisions and have tremendous growth potential. They need a leader to motivate and teach and care about you as an individual and wants you to succeed.
If you are a current Local Sales Manager, Digital Sales Manager, General Sales Manager, or even a current small market General Manager, this opportunity could be your next move.
What you will do:
- Protect the station(s) FCC license(s) by ensuring that stations are compliant with all FCC regulations.
- Oversight of daily operation (financial performance, programming, sales, technical aspects, human resources and business administration).
- Compile budgets, marketing, and strategic planning for all stations with an emphasis on improving profitability, ratings, revenue, and controlling expenses.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and mentor department heads as well as the sales team.
- Prepare and execute against annual operating and capital expense budgets for stations, which includes strategic action plans, programming calendars and station warfare models
- Responsible for overall financial performance of the market and current projections of revenue and expenses.
- Active in a direct sales role by handling multiple client accounts (direct and agency-based clients).
- Resolve inter-department conflicts with other department manager and HR issues involving direct reports.
- Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships.
- Develop new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations.
What you will bring:
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring experience including problem solving skills.
- Understanding of products including digital assets.
- Understanding of market trends and competition.
- Excellent negotiation skills along with verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs.
- Ability to multitask and handle pressure and deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent work experience. A valid driver’s license.
- May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. Able to sit for extended periods of time.
Please reach out in confidence to Arminda Lindsay, Arminda@mediastaffingnetwork.com.