An independent Television group with stations across the country in small and medium sized markets is looking for a Chief Engineer for their upper Northwest stations. Ideally, you are a current Broadcast Engineer, Assistant Chief or Chief in a similar sized market.
If outdoor activities are your happy place, this market has it all. Picturesque landscape of mountains, convenient urban comforts, captivating arts and culture, glaciers and abundant wildlife, this is a place like no other.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events and programs.
- Assist in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects and staffing.
- Oversight would include all technical facilities including Master Control, IT and field equipment including transmitters, towers, repeaters, microwave paths etc.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of all company facilities associated with our station. This includes HVAC, generators, security systems, satellite dishes, electrical, hardware, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
- Documents and executes necessary corrective actions.
- The Chief Engineer would be responsible for keeping the stations in compliance with FCC rules.
- Have expert knowledge regarding broadcast news equipment, transmitters, microwaves, satellite, and IT streaming equipment.
- Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems.
- Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on call services 24/7.
- Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
- Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to operate and adapt in high pressure situations.
- Self-starter to lead projects from start to finish in a timely manner.
- Must have 3-5 years in of working experience in broadcast engineering.
- Managerial or supervisory experience desired.
Please reach out in confidence to Cori@mediastaffingnetwork.com. EOE