A locally owned radio group in the Northeast is looking for a Chief Engineer to cover some their 16 stations located across 2 states. With state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, a staff of 3 and many perks like company car, gas card and expense account, this is the job to take your career to the next level. You’ll enjoy a fun atmosphere while getting the job done. Other benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, flex spending account, paid time off and, relocation assistance.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is working their way up, may have left the business or been downsized out of it, but who still wants to be part of radio the way it should be. Reliability is of primary importance as all aspects of the physical plant will come under your purview. Position reports directly to the Director of Engineering or President.
From the rugged coastline to the soaring White Mountains, this Northeast area is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers. And access to fresh lobster and craft beer isn’t a bad deal either.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintain all F.C.C. required documents up to date, including program, E.A.S. and technical logs.
- Trouble shoot, repair and maintain all broadcast equipment in studio and tower site.
- Assure reliability of both generators at studio and tower site and execute stated exercise and maintenance program.
- Make request of any capital expense to the DOE or President before purchase.
- Act as liaison for any F.C.C. type inspections requested.
- Work to improve the facility through diligent pre-planning and inspection.
- Minimum five years’ experience as broadcast engineer or chief.
- Knowledge of analog and digital audio equipment and associated wiring.
- Knowledge of digital microwave transmission systems for broadcasting.
- Knowledge of transmitter maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Knowledge of tower site and structure maintenance.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot electronic circuits and perform component level repair.
- Basic knowledge of broadcast automation systems and operation.
- Basic knowledge of office telephone systems and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of generator maintenance and operation.
- Ability to be on call 24/7/365 and available to respond to emergencies at all times.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
Please reach out in confidence to email@example.com