Mid-West Family Springfield, Illinois is seeking a talented and dynamic Business Development Executive who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. Mid-West Family runs FOUR of the Springfield area’s most popular radio stations: 98.7FM-WNNS, 97.7FM-WQLZ, 970AM-WMAY (The Lake 102.5FM + 94.7FM), and 92.7FM-WMAY and is an employee-owned media group. They provide their clients with the best in class over-the-air broadcasting and digital marketing solutions.
The ideal candidate is passionate, self-motivated, goal-oriented and a highly competitive individual with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals. They look for someone who is driven, resourceful, organized, customer-focused problem solvers who have great communication skills and the ability to cultivate client relationships and lasting partnerships. In return, they offer a unique career opportunity; one where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools, on-going training to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential as a marketing and advertising sales professional.
This opportunity provides flexibility while working in a supportive environment to help you achieve your goals. There is a generous base salary with monthly/annual bonuses and uncapped earning potential, so you are truly only limited by your creativity. Also includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage with 401K and company match. Paid vacations and holidays are a must!
Key Responsibilities including by not limited to:
- Develop new business opportunities and grow existing relationships
- Create and offer marketing and advertising solutions to help clients achieve their business goals
- Close business to meet or exceed set sales quotas
- Have knowledge in digital assets such as Advanced Targeted Display, Targeted Email Marketing, SEO, SEM/PPC, Online Audio, Online Video, social media, Web Design, Online Station Promotions
- Identify client business needs by gaining respect and a deep understanding of their goals, objectives, and processes as well as understand their external environment including key market and consumer trends to proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet their specific company objectives and needs
- Deliver effective multi-platform, omni-channel, integrated sales presentations (broadcast, digital, events, negotiation, and closing)
- Have a strong familiarity and become fully versed in selling both broadcast and online radio, their full array of digital assets and capabilities as well as the promotions and events to deliver complete 360-degree marketing solution to the partnering advertisers
- Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals, or other means to build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Follow all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts, and competitive analysis
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Mid-West Family in the Springfield marketplace and beyond
- Think creatively, be proactive, and a generate original ideas
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested in learning more? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All inquiries are confidential