TV GM/GSM Mid-size Market
A well respected, national media company is seeking a strategic GM/GSM for its ABC affiliate in the Midwest. The station has a long track record of success in the region with news, sales and community service. In addition to ABC, the station multicasts the Heroes and Icons network and a weather radar channel.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced TV GM, or a GSM/DOS who is ready for the next move up in their career. This GM/GSM will oversee station operations and sales and be responsible for the continued solid community presence and profitability of the station. The GM/GSM reports to the Regional VP for the company.
This area of the country offers outstanding lifestyle possibilities and great cost of living.
Position Responsibilities & Qualifications: (including but not limited to)
- P&L management – responsible for profitability
- Strong sales background and orientation
- Protect the FCC license
- Oversee department heads and local sales team
- Create and communicate a clear vision and plan to staff
- Ensure station compliance with all regulatory bodies/policies/laws
- Set performance expectations throughout the organization
- Community Involvement
- Practices accountability throughout the organization
- Strong communicator
- Builds strong teams
5 years of GSM, DOS, or GM experience in local TV - small or medium market affiliate experience preferred
Applicants should have a demonstrated track record and must have a significant amount of senior level management experience in the television industry.
Interested parties should send their resume in confidence to Kate Glenn, email@example.com