TV Digital Sales Manager – Large Market
Sales Management| Midwest
If you are the one that likes to be in the driver’s seat and work in an environment that encourages everyone to lean in and leave a positive mark, then this is the place for you.
A national media company is searching for a Digital Sales Manager who will reinvent our business by being big, bold and thinking outside the traditional way of doing business. If you are a current broadcast DSM and you are ready for a bigger challenge and a bigger market, this is for you!
This large market TV station ranks in the top five network affiliates in the country and the station website is number one in the market and Top 25 in the USA. The brand has the largest footprint in the local community, broadcasting all Big Events, and overall has the best products available in the advertising universe making this a Digital Sales Manager’s dream come true.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including but not limited to)
You must be able to dig in and develop advertising campaigns that offer 360-degree solutions and get deep into agencies and local businesses where the decisions about media plans are being made. You must have exceptional digital and new business skills. You will oversee a team of local account executes to higher levels by growing new digital business and increasing shares of existing digital revenue. In addition, you must wear the metal that allows you to go see the right people in the market. The correct candidate must be able to produce strategies that are capable of growing advertising dollars. Being creative while taking care of business is second nature to you.
- Work cooperatively with TV station management to identify and address all issues regarding cross-platform strategies and workflow while creating interactive products, packages, content, and rates appropriate to the market
Managing, engaging and motivating a team of high performers and digital operations team
- Achieving and surpassing local revenue budget goals on broadcast and digital
- Consistently communicate with GSM regarding station pricing and inventory models; digital asset development and sales; utilizing all available platforms
- Creating sales promotions that simultaneously serve the interests of agency clients, direct advertisers and the station
- Developing and maintaining relationships with locally based clients that buy time through national advertising agencies to maximize their digital budgets and gain largest market share
- Develop sales and profitable advertising programs for interactive properties that deliver expected ROI for advertisers
- Establish and lead consistent, ongoing, productive communication relating to interactive sales and operations among station AE’s and sales management
- Through ongoing and consistent verbal and written communication – including gathering market intelligence from account executives -- provide relevant information to General Sales Manager and General Manager regarding market conditions, sales opportunities and all other matters relating to interactive businesses.
Weekly status and key metric reporting to station executives, and attendance of sales planning meetings.
- Provide on-site interactive sales training, perform and assist on sales calls when warranted and establish ongoing interactive sales consulting
- Consistent travel to key ad markets in the U.S.
Candidate should have extensive experience in digital sales and, preferably TV sales and management. Candidate should have expert knowledge of research and ratings metrics and Wide Orbit experience a plus. Computer skills are essential. Candidates should be extremely flexible in the face of an extraordinarily dynamic work environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Qualified, interested parties should contact Kate@mediastaffingnetwork.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence. EOE