TV Digital Director of Sales
Sales Management| Mid-South
A privately held media company with holdings that include newspapers and TV are searching for a Digital Director of Sales. The DDS will lead local sales and operations for all interactive and emerging digital media business lines with a particular focus on advertising sales, business development and other revenue activities.
Specific Responsibilities: Oversees digital operations, sales products, workflow and strategies including but not limited to: web, social media, email, SEO/SEM, interactive small/medium business solutions, promotions, and mobile initiatives. Works closely with station AE’s, sales management and the Digital Sales Strategist to achieve assigned revenue and expense budgets with specific regard to maximizing profit.
Position Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
- Develop business plans for interactive product/service revenue from both traditional and non-traditional advertisers to meet and exceed digital sales goals and profit margin budgets
- Develop and track local interactive department revenue and expense budget
- Recruit, hire and manage Digital Sales Strategist and Digital Marketing Specialist
- Ensure that Local AE’s as digital sellers have adequate sales products that deliver real results for advertisers at a reasonable level of profitability
- Coordinate implementations of new and upgraded products among station and local stakeholders
- Work cooperatively with TV station management to identify and address all issues regarding cross-platform strategies and workflow while creating interactive products, packages, content, and rates appropriate to the market
- In coordination with GSM, set interactive rates within multi-platform packages (broadcast/interactive)
- Provide on-site interactive sales training, perform and assist on sales calls when warranted and establish ongoing interactive sales consulting
- Working with TV sales management, coordinate sales calls on Local, Regional and National advertising agencies and customers to identify opportunities, qualify prospects, and work through the sales stages to close accounts and maintain mutually beneficial and profitable client relationships
- Develop sales and profitable marketing programs for interactive properties that deliver expected ROI for advertisers
- Manage pricing structures for interactive products to maximize revenue, achieve assigned revenue budgets and deliver ROI for advertisers
- Coordinating with the local sales team, develop and roll out superior sales collateral materials
- Establish and lead consistent, ongoing, productive communication relating to interactive sales and operations among station AE’s and sales management
- Through ongoing and consistent verbal and written communication – including gathering market intelligence from account executives -- provide relevant information to General Sales Manager and General Manager regarding market conditions, sales opportunities and all other matters relating to interactive businesses.
- Weekly status and key metric reporting to station executives, and attendance of sales planning meetings.
- A bachelor’s degree in related field or work equivalent
- Minimum 2 years sales management experience, preferably in interactive and/or media services and preferably at senior level
- Minimum 5 years of experience in media – broadcast, interactive, print – preferably with local emphasis
- Relentless passion for innovation, customer service, exponential revenue growth and accountability in interactive media
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal communications skills. This position places a high premium on internal and external relationship building.
- In the sense of capabilities and limitations, a broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses
- ·A history of executing and growing nontraditional revenue streams is a plus
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter in confidence to Kate@mediastaffingnetwork.com