Management| West Coast
One of the leading broadcast and digital media companies in the US is searching for their next SVP/Market Manager. This position is in a major market and includes powerhouse broadcast stations as well as a growing local digital operation. The SVP/MM must be a collaborative leader who models the company’s core values and is accountable for all areas of the operation.
The ideal manager for this role has a current track record of growing revenue and profit by creating integrated marketing solutions, developing and coaching leaders within the organization, developing client relationships and leading the growth strategy of the market.
Current large and medium market General Managers/Market Managers, as well as VP/Sales and major market DOS’s who are ready for this step, are encouraged to reach out for informal, confidential, exploratory conversations. We are looking for a manager at the top of their game, currently leading an exceptional team, who may be ready for a more positive company environment. This person must be a motivated, creative, strategic, solution-oriented leader with a high-level of emotional intelligence and personal integrity.
- Embrace and model the company’s purpose and values
- Win the hearts and minds of this market
- Provide leadership and drive strategy for the entire market through creating a culture of innovation, respect for one another and overall excellence in a multi-platform environment
- Take full ownership of operational budgets and revenue goals and develop strategies to improve revenue year over year
- Develop the leadership team through mentoring, goal setting and fostering accountability
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years of experience as a successful General Manager or other significant leadership role in broadcast, or other local media environment. Medium/large market experience preferred
- Significant depth of sales management experience in leading and driving sales revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on new revenue growth, including self-created non-traditional revenue success.
- A proven track record in creating and developing a leadership team and promoting collaboration and teamwork among all departments
- The vision and ability to enact short and long-term development of company’s distribution channels
- Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line
- Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential
- College degree in business, communications, sales, marketing, related field, or equivalent is preferred
- Highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Marketron, and a complete understanding of Nielson Ratings
- Excellent understanding of effectively pricing and managing inventory
- Proven history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret statistical data and draw conclusions from finding and follow-through
- Possess excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments
- Maintain a positive rapport with co-workers, vendors and clients
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
Interested parties, please reach out in confidence to email@example.com EOE