Small Market Radio Manager
A truly wonderful opportunity in small market radio for an up and coming LSM/GSM/DOS
This leader in entertainment, news and marketing, operates multiple radio stations, digital and has an events division in the Northeast is looking for their next leader for one of their markets. Often listed as one of the “Best Places” to work, this company and their leaders truly have a passion for radio. Work at a recently renovated state-of-the-art facility in the heart of the city!
The stations are independently owned and operated by a local owner who is a life long broadcaster. The company has built a solid reputation for excellence, high service and results. They have strong billing across all platforms, but strive to increase revenue.
The ideal candidate will come from a similar small size market or slightly larger, with experience of maximizing revenue. Someone who has a vision and can make things happen and is a strategic thinker, organized, creative, solution oriented with a proven sales background in broadcast and a strong knowledge of creating events as well as digital opportunities. An established Senior AE ready to move-up will also be considered.
Overall Duties & Expectations:
- Manage all duties involved with revenue including forecasting, budgeting, inventory management, goals, pricing, etc.
- Create sales events/promotions
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current station(s) programming schedule(s)
- Work to maximize national and regional business
- Create an ongoing pipeline of potential sellers; hire, train and monitor all sellers while offering a motivating culture to hit goals
- Ensure a customer-oriented sales approach
- Oversee sales team
- Report regularly to CEO and COO and collaborate with all dept. heads
- Maintain collections in a timely manner
- Be an active part of the community/attend station and industry events/functions
- Continue to want to grow and learn to be a great leader/create a culture of accountability
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Have excellent organizational time management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
The company is an EOE. Interested parties can contact Kate Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. All inquires will be confidential.