Small Market Radio GM
A well-respected national media company is in search of a GM/Market Manager for their multi-station radio cluster in the Northwest US. The ideal candidate is a current GM of multiple stations with small market radio experience. This could also be the perfect opportunity for an experienced DOS or GSM with a great track-record to move up into the GM role. This is a beautiful part of the country with a wide range of lifestyle options all year long.
Candidate must be dynamic, have vision, be a hands-on-manager, excel in sales and display outstanding leadership skills. The position will report directly to the CEO of the company.
- Manages all day-to-day operations and administration of local-area radio stations. Participates in developing and implementing the company’s sales culture, sales programs, and programming management. Monitors and controls budget expenditures, maintains operating equipment and facilities, and oversees and coordinates staff.
- Achieves revenue and operating budgets; manages expenses
- Plans, coordinates and directs the operation of the stations to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations and standards for broadcasting
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation and problem resolution
- Designs and assists in the annual budget planning process and regularly monitors expenditures
- Generates and maintains station records, reports and submissions to include all federal and state regulatory reporting requirements
- Monitors equipment usage and serviceability and ensures the maintenance of equipment inventories
- Communicates with corporate office as mandated
- Regularly participates in local community events, promoting radio stations as good community partners
Compensation commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. E.O.E.