Sales Management| Upper Midwest
Respected regional broadcaster is in search of a Sales Director for their upper Midwest station group. The company is pioneering, comprehensive and a passionate community organization. In addition, they are committed to the employees that make the company great by not only offering competitive wages and benefits, but also by providing an innovative and positive work environment. You get to enjoy wonderful scenery full of rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline. This Midwest market truly offers something for everyone with beautiful four seasons and the opportunity for year-round outdoor adventures.
This Sales Director will be responsible for the sale of advertising time and digital assets to local clients and agencies. Candidates must demonstrate leadership to the department and fellow managers; designed to achieve and exceed station goals and objectives on all media platforms-broadcast, internet, mobile and digital channels.
They are looking for a team player who is dynamic, creative, detail oriented and resourceful with the ability to motivate and develop a local sales team. Knowledge of marketing, retail and competitive media, ratings, and budgeting are essential. Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to solve problems creatively and have strong written/oral communication, presentation and management skills. Must also have excellent computer skills and knowledge of industry software.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Must have led an advertising sales team in local media, preferably local broadcast in a small or medium market
- Effectively plan and self-manage time; juggling between strategy, pipeline building, presentations, close, onboarding, and other client services, execution, operational, and project work stream activities necessary to meet organizational objectives. Able to handle advancing priorities against the ones they planned originally.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with all sales reps to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales rep’s sales and activity performance; Coach direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure.
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining the path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the company’s overall business goals.
- Effectively develop and execute local digital sales strategy and revenue plan within plan requirements and in alignment with the overall digital strategy and that of our local media property; develop effective relationships with local leadership.
- Guide the integrated and dedicated sales team and provide consistent sales training (digital/broadcast) on specific areas of development for all representatives; develop team members consistent with the sales training, product knowledge, value proposition, competitive market intelligence, sales approach and goals of the organization.
- Develop a formalized sales planning process that helps them accurately forecast, set, and achieve their projected goals. Demonstrate the ability to stay organized and focused on the highest priorities of the organization within quickly changing, and fast-paced environments.
- Utilize industry data and trends to develop business opportunities and identify product development needs of the customers to grow market share and reach new customers and industry leaders
- Lead with integrity, establishing and maintaining a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Refines and/or creates new systems, processes, and infrastructure to support the sales strategy and enable the sales team to deliver results.
- Ensure client results, satisfaction and retention and attend sales meetings with key clients to accelerate the sales cycle, grow the account and demonstrate commitment to client success.
- Collaborate with the Major Accounts Director on pricing initiatives, strategies, plans, promotions, etc.
- Maintains relationships with not only the sales department but all departments in the organization to maximize revenue growth and the delivery of a superior product to the organization’s clients.
- Education and/or Experience – Degree in related field and 3+ years’ experience.
- Demonstrated track record of driving revenue and achieving goals
- Entrepreneurial - excited about taking a strong business with a strong suite of products, and growing the business
- Working knowledge and understanding of digital advertising strategies – including targeted display, SEM, targeted email, social media and OTT/CTV.
- Ability to share vision, gain buy-in, and build loyalty
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Proficiency with technology; experience with Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, social media and video platforms, attribution and reporting tools, Wide Orbit, Matrix, a plus
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Creative and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management.
Interested parties, send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org EEO