Sales Account Executive
Sales| Chambersburg PA
The purpose of the Sales Account Executive position is to meet and exceed sales objectives in the assigned territory by promoting and selling The Franklin Shopper print and digital advertising packages. An AE is expected to use professional sales techniques, build relationships, and develop long term advertising relationships that grow The Franklin Shopper print advertising and digital sales.
Goals & Objectives
1. Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales budget.
2. Target every business with the assigned territory/account list.
3. Visit all established Franklin Shopper clients at least once per month.
4. Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts.
5. Sell all products offered including ROP print, special sections, digital advertising and website and social media services.
- Make a minimum of 60 sales calls per week 45 of which are in-person and 10 of which are to prospects or inactive accounts as indicated by our CRM system. The remaining 15 may be phone or e-mail calls. All sales calls must be recorded in our CRM system in order to be counted towards weekly totals.
- Become proficient in the use of The Franklin Shopper computer tools to locate prospects, co-op, prepare proposals and research potential advertisers.
- Have strong product knowledge of what we sell including special sections and digital advertising. Stay current with rates, distribution information and any new products developed. Monitor competition.
- Enter sales activity in CRM daily. Maintain up to date records of clients and sales activity.
- Organize your daily schedule to efficiently travel through your territory.
- Accurately complete order entry and change forms and submit to the art department in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
- Proof copy and get approval from clients.
- Maintain accounts receivable by collecting past due amounts as requested by management.
- Attend and actively participate in sales meetings, regional meetings and community events.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior sales experience or business knowledge
- Above average spelling and proofreading skills
- Basic math skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, calendar applications, Dropbox and LinkedIn.
Reports to the Sales Manager, General Manager & Publisher
Interested parties contact:
717-263-0359 ext 102