Regional GM-Local Broadcast
General Management| Southwest
A national communications and multi-media company is searching for a General Manager for their Broadcast operations located in a top 20 market in the SW region, this a highly desirable “lifestyle” market. This GM oversees a statewide operation, with multiple markets and stations.
The company is thriving, and has a well respected leadership team at corporate. They invest in the right tools, and offer hands-on strategy and support.
The GM is responsible for the overall success of all broadcasting operations including local and network programming, production, sales, marketing, finance and compliance.
The right candidate will be a TV General Manager in a medium/large broadcast market. They will have experience handling large budgets and complex multi-brand operations. A Radio GM in a major market will also be considered.
The company is looking for a manager with outstanding business acumen, the desire to become an integral part of the community, and a leader who can complement the successful team in place and compete at the highest level. A strong attention to building revenue with proven success at achieving revenue goals is required.
Job Expectations (including but not limited to:)
- Contribute to forecasting and annual budget planning, meet and exceed budgets and report to senior leadership as required
- Establish, evaluate and implement performance metrics for all functions supervised
- Create and maintain a positive work culture that will support high productivity and foster employee attraction and retention
- Deliver professional, local news, weather, information and programming including talent and programming guidance.
- Meet all regulatory requirements including maintaining all government, community and licensing authorities to ensure adherence to all conditions contained within the agreements
- Provide local executive presence to customers and employees
- Prior local broadcast General Management experience in medium/large markets, TV GM experience preferred
- Has proven success in creating new revenue streams and is known as a ‘selling focused’ manager
- Has a successful track record as evidenced by the ability to set goals, monitor performance, close gaps and deliver expected results
- Creates a professional/productive work culture, attracts talent, respects team members, encourages personal/professional growth, has strong written/verbal communications skills
- Sets the standard for personal integrity, honesty, accountability, and sound business/finance judgment
- Has excellent organizational skills, follow-through and ability to work well tactically, strategically and conceptually along with outstanding interpersonal relationship skills, a sense of urgency and a “can-do” attitude.
Interested prospects should follow-up directly with Kate Glenn, all inquiries will be kept very confidential. Kate@mediastaffingnetwork.com, EOE