Radio Urban GSM – Midsize Market
Sales Management| Southeast
URBAN RADIO GSM—SOUTHEAST
A growing media company is in search of an Urban specialist for their three highly rated stations in the Southeast. The General Sales Manager will lead the station’s local sales efforts by giving direction, training and feedback to the sales team, assist account executives in prospecting, developing and maintaining direct and new business along with local agency business to assure established sales goals are met.
These three stations are part of a multi-platform cluster including a total of seven radio stations, top digital and event assets and a radio network.
This medium-sized market has a cosmopolitan feel with old southern charm mixed together. The people are welcoming and the city is full of excitement and energy. Home to some of the very best restaurants and great entertainment with beautiful terrain and in close proximity to the Gulf beaches, Atlanta and Nashville.
- Develop and implement a sales plan that meets station’s revenue goals with emphasis on customerfocused direct selling
- Identify, recruit, train, coach and manager high-performance sales talent, building a successful team • Conduct weekly sales team meetings to evaluate pending business, strategize and coach all on best practices; prepare and present ongoing sales training
- Attend high profile account presentations while coaching and leadership to the sales team
- Manage all station key and target account lists, inventory and administrative functions with regard to forecasting revenue, rates, pricing and orders; oversee special event sales
- Work with all station departments to create and maximize events, NTR, and promotional and product opportunities providing assistance in local and national rate negotiations, sales plans and budgeting
- Identify and monitor sales trends locally, nationally and within our sales team, and recommend action steps
- Develop and build relationships with clients by providing quality customer service
- Lead communication with other departments to assure quality service when placing orders and arranging promotions, promoting positive interaction between all
- Oversee and manage expenses of the sales organization
- Create a productive work environment leading employees through our mission, vision and values
- Urban format specialist with 5-years’ experience in broadcast sales, sales management and mentoring with a proven track record of success in the radio industry
- Proficient in all aspects of radio and digital sales, including use of quantitative/qualitative research, event development and multiple-platform/integrated sales expertise; digitally savvy
- Excellent written, verbal communication and social interaction skills
- Familiar with budget procedures, daily sales accountability and recognition programs, inventory management and collections procedures, proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms
- Highly developed training and coaching skills including; skills in organization, delegating, interviewing and motivating sales people
- Core competencies in leading a sales team by communicating a vision and values, strategic decision making, building partnerships internally and externally, high energy level and positive attitude
- Experience with both agency and local direct/retail clients
Interested parties should reach out in confidence to Kate@mediastaffingnetwork.com. EOE