Radio Operations Manager
Management| South/Gulf Region
If you are frustrated by top down mentality and cookie-cutter corporate systems, and would be energized to be in an environment where you had significant impact within the operation, this opportunity is for you! A well respected privately owned station group is looking for an Operations Manager to run the programming, video and all digital aspects of the operation. Must possess a positive attitude, energetic style with high integrity and a strong work ethic.
Looking for an innovative, visionary leader who will keep the stations on the cutting edge of all platforms. Have the ability to be a problem solver with creativity while upholding company values. All established OM or senior level Program Directors would be considered.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Work closely with GM to develop a strategy for programming, marketing and brands, digital and operations
- Implement vision and strategy with direct reports to create consistent, compelling, and engaging talent and content, as well as successful and profitable marketing campaigns.
- Work with program directors (PD’s) to implement excellent on-air sound, imaging and promos for growth and expansion of audience engagement and response.
- Work with Digital Media Specialist to maximize the on-air and digital assets including websites, social media presence, emerging technologies, as well as to ensure the audio streaming processes including web and app based systems perform at 100%.
- Work with Sales Managers for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Work with independent contractors and brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
- Work closely with Human Resources to develop and implement training for improvement of skill gaps in teams.
- Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of the station.
- Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and company policies.
- Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice tracking, as needed.
- Develop the leadership and management skills of direct reports to mentor, coach, and develop all team members and talent successfully.
- Create and implement recruitment and onboarding program to regularly scout for new talent, and train new talent to develop successful shows.
- Create necessary systems to empower direct reports to meet their respective goals and metrics.
- 5 years of Radio PD/OM experience
- Proven experience in managing social media branding, digital marketing, and video production
- Proficient in digital automation systems, digital audio editing and production using various software packages
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.)
Interested parties, please send resume in confidence to Kate Glenn, email@example.com