Radio GM Opportunity
A well established broadcast and digital media company is looking for their next General Manager in one of their Southeast markets. The market is near the beautiful Atlantic coast and offers a great lifestyle as well as larger surrounding markets to visit. This regional media company has multiple leading brands across the area, stretching from the mountains to the coast. The operation dominates the market and needs a leader who can manage all aspects of the operation, with a strong focus on sales and developing a winning team.
If you are frustrated by top-down mentality and cookie-cutter corporate systems and would be energized to be in an environment where you have significant impact on the team, this is the opportunity for you. If you are an experienced Sales Manager, Station Manager or General Manager with small market experience and you’re ready to take on more responsibility and grow your career, we want to connect with you. Managers with a proven track record of revenue increases and team building are who we want.
The ideal candidate will come from a similar sized market or slightly larger, with experience of maximizing revenue. Someone who has a vision and can make things happen and is a strategic thinker, organized, creative, solution oriented with a proven sales background in broadcast and digital. Bring your positive attitude and collaborative mindset to the team.
Overall Duties & Expectations:
- Manage all duties involved with revenue including forecasting, budgeting, inventory management, goals, pricing, etc.
- Create sales events/promotions and support digital efforts
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current station(s) programming schedule(s)
- Work to maximize local and regional business
- Create an ongoing pipeline of potential sellers; hire, train and monitor all sellers while offering a motivating culture to hit goals
- Ensure a customer-oriented sales approach
- Oversee sales team
- Report regularly to the leadership team and collaborate with all dept. heads
- Maintain collections in a timely manner
- Be an active part of the community/attend station and industry events/functions
- Continue to want to grow and learn to be a great leader/create a culture of accountability
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Have excellent organizational time management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
The company is an EOE. Interested parties can contact Kate Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. All inquiries will be confidential.