Radio DOS/Medium Market
National media is group looking for a dynamic, energetic, success driven Director of Sales for a strong Midwest market. This sales leader will understand how to develop and lead all members of the revenue team, be accountable to goals, identify and recruit new talent, and will lead the market in growing revenue shares and new business development.
The ideal candidate will be a current Radio GSM or DOS from a medium market environment, OR an up-and-coming Radio LSM from a large market looking to grow to the next level. If you have experience managing an aggressive, creative sales team, but are frustrated in your current situation, we want to talk with you! If you are a successful manager seeking a more positive company environment that offers future growth opportunities, we want to talk with you!
This job requires a ‘hands on’ manager who knows the importance of being in the field with reps, meeting clients, and closing business.
This is an outstanding company that allows the local markets to make decisions, offers personal and career growth opportunities, along with desirable locations and a benefits package.
- A strong desire to win, lead by example with a track record of growing revenue and budget attainment
- Develop and implement a sales plan that meets all revenue goals with an emphasis on new direct customers, event and NTR programs, digital marketing, and management of inventory and pricing
- Lead Digital Sales efforts and strategies while assigning clear goals and objectives
- Great coach and mentor who can develop and get more out of the existing sales team
- Hold AEs accountable to the right activity that will drive new business direct sales
- Robust account list management plan that clearly outlines goals and objectives
- Grow our key account levels and amount of annual customers
- Ability to recruit and hire the best talent, train, coach, and manage high-performing sales talent that provides great results for our customers
- Develop and build relationships with customers
- Lead sales execution of NTR, EVENT and sponsorship platforms. Work hand and hand with promotions/programming to manage the ROI expectations.
- Develop annual sales budgets, bottom-up approach by account from the sales team and accurate 3-month forecasts.
- 3+ years’ experience in broadcast sales management with a proven track record of budget attainment in the radio and digital industry along with new direct business development
- Proficient in all aspects of radio, digital, and creative sales driven programs
- Proven track record of holding AEs accountable, increase activity and new business development
- Proven history of developing, training and motivating salespeople who work well together in a team atmosphere
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with our employees and customers
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide all updates/documentation required, on time
Interested parties reach out in confidence to Kate@mediastaffingnetwork.com EOE