Tennessee Association of Broadcasters (TAB)
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, the President provides the daily leadership and administration of the affairs of our organization. His/her primary duty is to ensure that we are responding to the needs of our members by providing quality services and programs, as well as by advocating for our membership and for the broadcasting industry both on the state level and on the federal level in Washington, D.C. Reporting to our Board of Directors, the President serves as the chief executive of our Association in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, policies, and board directives. He or she has responsibility and accountability for the active daily management of our Association. The President is directly responsible for effective execution of our Noncommercial Sustaining Announcement Program (NCSA), also known as our Public Education Program (PEP). Our NCSA Program is the primary source of funding for our Association. We look to have someone with experience in sales to lead this program as it is a high priority for the Association.
Specific areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, enhancing, and developing relationships with our federally licensed radio and television member stations that includes periodic member station visits
- Developing and promoting quality member programs and services. o Promoting our member stations, our industry, and our association.
- Maintaining all association membership records, minutes, and archives.
- Organizing and managing our annual conference, board and executive committee meetings, and special events.
ADVOCACY / GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
- Working to protect and promote the best interests of the free, local, over-the-air, radio and television broadcast station industry in Tennessee and the public.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the TAB, including staff.
- Ensuring that all policies and directives are being implemented as directed by the Board.
- Keeping the board fully informed of any issues concerning the operation of the organization and providing periodic update reports. Working with different vendors who provide a myriad of services for our Association and our members.
- Managing the facilities and property of our Association headquarters.
- Developing an annual operating budget for Board approval.
- Maintaining required financial internal controls and appropriate financial safeguards.
- Assuming fiduciary responsibility and ensuring that the financial management of the association functions according to the Association’s Articles of Incorporation, By-laws and direction of the Board of Directors.
- Overseeing all funds, investments, assets, and property of the Association. Experience working with broadcasters and related broadcast stakeholders, as well as familiarity with the issues facing the free, local, over-the-air radio and television broadcast industry, are prerequisites. Our future leader must show that he or she can effectively promote our NCSA Program, and embrace sound business and financial principles, strong operational controls, and the ability to develop a solid operating budget. He or she will need to have an entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrate both a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving. We are seeking a strategic planner and thinker, who will help develop long-term goals and vision for our Association. Microsoft Office skills are essential.
Candidates being considered will be required to present their qualifications to the Board of Directors and must consent to background checks which may include, county, state and national criminal records, sex offender registry search, federal bankruptcy record search, and/or a credit check, as well as, drug testing.
If you believe that you are the right person, within the parameters set forth above, to lead the Tennessee Association of Broadcasters please send your resume, references, salary requirement and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Tennessee Association of Broadcasters, Attn: TAB Search Committee, C/O WKRN, 441 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210.
The TAB is an equal opportunity employer.