A privately held, family-owned Media Sales Organization in the Southwest is looking for their next National Sales Coordinator, responsible for import, inside media sales. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate who studied media or account sales/management. Out-of-home advertising annual growth consistently outpaces other mass mediums. Join an industry and a company where this growth is projected to continue! Not to mention, this city has been rated one of the top places to live year after year. Home to great BBQ, music and sports entertainment, along with their warm and friendly residents make this a highly sought-after opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a current National Sales Coordinator OR be a recent media graduate. You have either studied media buying/planning or worked with national advertising agencies, advertising decision makers and directors of marketing to maximize inbound sales. A high-profile position that requires a passion and belief in advertising, unwavering personal will, and a strong drive to help grow our clients’ businesses. This individual will work in the corporate office and report directly to the GSM.
- Represent and maintain an excellent working relationship with our national advertising agencies and/or outdoor buying services.
- Generate new national advertising sales while growing existing accounts.
- Identify client needs and develop persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
- Negotiate rates, advertising packages and terms with media buyers.
- Work directly with clients and ad agency personnel to secure contracts, obtain posting instructions and collect payments for advertising campaigns. Provide timely post campaign analysis and proof of performance reports.
- Coordinate and conduct market rides with clients and agencies.
- Utilize CRM system to track client communications, develop and maintain sales pipeline.
- Monitor competitive media to identify opportunities in the market.
- Regularly monitor and review account activity with the GSM to identify and direct sales opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with regional sales representatives when the demand for the national inquiry was driven by regional relationships.
- Support the President and SM’s in the development of budgets relating to the national revenue for the organization.
- Maintain a high level of visibility throughout the advertising community at large.
- Attend annual OAAA/GeoPath national conventions to stay on top of industry trends and to network with partner agencies.
- Travel with GSM to NYC, Chicago, LA and other agency locations, typically 3-4 total trips per year. (These trips were suspended during COVID but hope to resume in 2022.)
- Recent media graduate or have prior, verifiable success in national/inside advertising sales or sales coordination.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Studied media buying/planning or have prior experience collaborating with multiple teams (for example Client Direct Marketing Team, Creative Agency, Production Agency, Buying Agency).
- Have strong communication skills. Welcomes the opportunity to call clients and agencies to ensure we are proposing the most effective advertising solutions.
- Be proficient in Excel, and a master of spreadsheets.
- Display integrity in all situations.
- Possess ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines.
- Be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Be able to prioritize and assess the highest and best utilization of company inventory.
- Be a strong negotiator and closer.
- Have a knack for building relationships with customers and finding solutions to problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Be knowledgeable about marketing communications and branding.
- Recent Media Graduate or experience in Media Coordination and Sales
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Interested parties should contact Cori Hirsh in confidence Cori@mediastaffingnetwork.com