Media Sales Research Consultant
Sales| Mid Atlantic
A national media consulting company is hiring a Sales Research Consultant. The company specializes in converting research data into presentations with actionable information and insights that fuel revenue growth. The SRC will be a primary point of contact between the company and clients’ sales teams and must make sure that all deliverables align with client goals.
This family-owned company prides themselves on their hard work, flexibility and tenure of their staff. The owners work alongside the team and create an environment where providing value is a key goal. Through their targeted use of the data, stations are able to maximize the value of their research investment. The company is based in a major metropolitan area.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Conduct CNAs (Client Needs Analysis) prior to each Nielsen Audio survey or Qualitative breakout
- Work closely with the Sr. Research Consultant(s) for your markets to make sure all of our deliverables align with the clients’ most important needs
- Provide our clients with street-ready materials and expertise that help them sell the value of their stations to advertisers. Ensure that usage of our service is encouraged so the client gets high ROI from our service. Follow up on all deliverables to make sure we met their needs.
- Monitor and be informed about client stations, competitors, and market conditions
- Build relationships with users to encourage feedback on our service. Clients need to be highly engaged and aware of the ROI that is delivered by our service.
- Be top of mind for clients as the first person they call to brainstorm when there is a problem to be solved
- Provide a proactive and innovative service. Know how each client positions their stations and understand the challenges they face. Then work with the client to help them overcome their challenges.
Position Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience utilizing Nielsen Audio and Scarborough data, including software tools like Tapscan and Analysis Tool, to assess each station’s sales strengths & competitive advantages. Prepare custom one-sheets and materials that maximize each station’s or cluster’s position.
- Familiarity with the media buying/selling process
- High quality work – Cohesion, Consistency, Brevity and Clarity--Ensure materials tell a cohesive ‘story’ and that the sales materials have visual appeal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills both inside the company and externally with clients
- Excellent customer service ethic – proven ability to set expectations and meet commitments made to clients and resolve service issues
- Comfortable in and able to prioritize and focus in a fast-moving work environment
- Strong computer skills, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Oversee delivery of products and services; responsible for quality, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Review contract specs and reconciliation reports
- Complete a variety of products for clients, oversee custom requests and projects and manage work done by assistants
Interested parties, please send your resume in confidence to Bob Stei: Bob@mediastaffingnetwork.com