Media Sales Manager
Sales Management| Southwest
A privately held, family owned out-of-home media organization in a top 50 market is rapidly growing and is looking for an experienced Local Sales Manager to help drive demand for billboard advertising. This city, known for great BBQ, sports entertainment, music and warm, friendly people makes this a highly sought after opportunity. This is a highly producing market with great earning potential. Along with a competitive salary and bonus structure, this company offers health insurance, 401k (after 6mos), cell phone, a surface pro, vacation time and a car allowance.
This high profile position requires a passion and belief in billboard advertising, unwavering personal will and a strong drive to help grow their clients’ businesses. Working in the corporate office and directly under the GSM and President, you will have the opportunity for hands-on training and be mentored from the best!
The LSM manages a team of Local Account Executives and your primary responsibility is to train, mentor and recruit. Partner with the management team to develop market strategy and continuously embrace change in order to fulfill company mission. You should love to meet with local advertisers and collaborate on growth solutions and must love to sell!
This position requires a big picture vision; someone who can see where markets and industries are going. Be a creative thinker who envisions possibilities and solutions that currently do not exist. Effectively integrates big picture vision into the planning process.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Conduct all duties of managing Account Executives including setting expectations, consulting on advertising proposals, weekly update meetings, conducting performance reviews, budgeting and recruiting
- Identify and successfully execute sales strategies and tactics. Implement and ensure sales objectives
- Oversee Account Executives’ activities and ensure they have the tools, resources and abilities to successfully carry out their roles and exceed their goals
- Oversee and support creative process with local sales team
- Maximize yield on company assets
- Serve as a role model by living and operating in alignment with company values
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years advertising sales experience
- 3+ years of previous media sales management experience with demonstrated track record of continuously increasing revenues
- Outdoor advertising experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills – Detail oriented
Interested parties, please send resume in confidence to Cori Hirsh, Cori@mediastaffingnetwork.com