Local Sales Manager
A privately owned and operated media group, which includes 8 radio stations, 2 on-line daily newspapers and a farm web portal, all in the Midwest; is looking to add a Local Sales Manager with growth potential as Owner looks to start stepping back to be semi-retired.
This rare opportunity is ideal for a ‘selling manager’ or an Account Executive who is ready for their next step. Their platforms include radio and on-line to better serve the region.
With 30+ years in the communities they serve, with a stellar reputation, have earned the respect of clients and audiences who rely on them for information, entertainment, and up to date news. They have consistently delivered customers for their clients which helps them grow and helps the community.
Located in communities with a low cost of living, this position includes a base salary, company car including maintenance, $250 a month gas allowance, a $100 monthly cell phone reimbursement, and a company laptop for a minimum added value of $4200 annually. Add in the savings of a car payment and that can result in a high amount of savings. On top of these benefits, is the ability to earn team-based incentives.
To sweeten the deal, there are various investments and memberships to aid in growth potential:
- Training - sales consultant agreement with long-time sales trainer who does a monthly Skype sales meeting in place of their weekly meeting; one on ones each month virtually with each of the account managers. She's also available to the company president on as "as-needed" basis, and she will also be available for the LSM for virtual consulting. She comes into the market for a full week, at least 3 times a year, to do 4-legged sales calls and work with all sales staff. That will include the LSM.
- The company is a member of the International Broadcasters Idea Bank, a group of 100 broadcasters--mainly small market--in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This group confidentially shares a newsletter with the membership every other month, and also has a confidential List-Serve where problems are posted, and other members help solve those problems. As LSM, you'll be given access to the confidential List-Serve to help with any sales or hiring challenges.
- The company is a member of the Radio Advertising Bureau, and as such, has access to their limitless sales resources provided to members at rab.com.
- The company is a subscriber of the Small Market Radio Newsletter, and as such, the company president forwards each week's newsletter which is usually chucked full of ideas.
- The company, thru its membership in the Illinois Broadcasters Association, has access to the limitless sales resources offered by Local Broadcast Sales.
- The company just signed a partnership with 44i Digital, a white label digital agency in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and will roll out various digital products to existing and new clients this fall.
While the media properties are located in two primary markets the LSM will be based in the one that is going through a high amount of growth and updating of community services including state of the art health care, a new industrial park, new retail businesses, and a fully outfitted YMCA which offers one of the only indoor pools in a 30-mile radius.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience selling radio, ready to take on some management duties
- Valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle
- Ability to travel between markets
- A strong understanding of cold calling, servicing, and building client relationships
- A creative thinker who can develop multi-platform marketing programs for clients
- Someone who staff and clients can trust and learn from on a regular basis
- Ability to handle an established book of business along with some cold calling while hiring and training additional sellers
- Able to meet daily goals
All inquiries are confidential. For more details, please contact email@example.com. This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.