Market and sell Rich Broadcasting products at the client and agency levels. Work with prospective and existing clients and help to determine their current and future advertising needs while maximizing Rich Broadcastings’ revenue opportunities.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Sales
- Meet annual, quarterly, and monthly revenue goals and help achieve team budgets and objectives. Maintain a system for tracking processes in meeting established goals. Excel in new business development and in generating new dollars for the station.
- Ensure that the handling of the present and future accounts is done in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintain a working schedule that allows maximum time to devote to new calls. The adequate number is to be determined with the manager.
- Help assure rate integrity and obtain credit approval for all new accounts. Obtain approvals before airing from the manager. Obtain cash upfront on new accounts when necessary.
- Handle all information confidentially.
- Distinguish yourself by providing excellent service, research, training, and overall competency. Consistently develop effective relations with buyers and key decision-makers in order to meet client and company expectations.
- Act as an effective team member when generating revenue sales for the company. Cultivate new business efforts to grow spot and non-spot revenue. Recognize the value and need for digital media to provide greater solutions for advertisers
- Participate in weekly meetings with the immediate supervisor.
- Train with various managers so that knowledge and abilities are up to date. This position will go through an initial six-week training period and will be expected to continually train so that they are currently in the practices of the Radio industry.
- Constantly study and keep informed concerning competitive and industry practices, rates, ratings, etc. in order to give clients accurate information and aid. Take classes and participate in learning opportunities both within and outside the company as needed.
- Keep Sales Manager informed of all competitive problems. Work with all station staff members to help each one better service Rich Broadcasting accounts. Attend and be punctual at regular sales staff meetings.
- Responsible to secure all necessary credit information about the advertiser. Also responsible for past due account collections.
- Keep honest and accurate expense records. Complete approved expense reports in a timely manner (30-day maximum.)
- Keep billing adjustments to a minimum.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective communications and rapport with both internal and external business partners.
- Work towards maintaining unity within the sales team by assisting with promotions, productions, and other areas of coordination for Sales.
- Represent Rich Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must sign a Rich Broadcasting Account Executive Agreement.
- Valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive a company vehicle or personal vehicle (as the case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Consistently works hours required: Monday thru Friday 8 am – 5 pm. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to manage stress effectively.
- Personal growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.