How to Create a Winning Resume
One size does not fit all! Adapt your resume for every job for which you are applying to to stand out!
The job of the resume is to get you an interview. Period.
Here are some tips to craft your winning resume:
- Crucial information belongs at the top! Education goes to the bottom.
- Adjust keywords to match what is shown in the job description
- Share what YOU have done, how YOU did it and how YOU benefited your employer
- Use measurable statements with facts
- Embrace the white space
- Don't include references. You should only provide after you decide if you want the job and are moving forward
- Share what makes you YOUNIQUE© from other applicants
- THIS IS YOUR TIME TO BRAG AND TELL YOUR STORY!
- Use an email that includes your name. Keep it professsional.
- Email and phone number only (physical address not needed)
- Keep it simple using a downloadable format. No fancy fonts, borders, or pictures needed
- Most recent job goes on top
- List experience in chronological order
For more information on resume creation view our Building Your Brand Webinar for the lastest tips and techniques.