GSM/DOS Small TV Market
A small company continuously owned for nearly 25 years is looking for a GSM/DOS for their 2 TV stations plus their local website. If you are looking to get away from burdensome layers of corporate management, this is a great opportunity for you. The influence you bring throughout the building will be broad and deep and only limited by your imagination. You will have freedom of action and never have to justify your day. If you have an idea, it can happen! Dream up your own sales promotions or contests and have the autonomy to make deals.
The market is a great place to raise a family as they have great public schools. No pollution so you can enjoy the outdoor lifestyle this affords like whale-watching to fly fishing, hiking, biking and kayaking.
The ideal candidate is someone that can lead a sales force and wants to be a part of the community. If you are a current small/medium sized market LSM or GSM we want to talk with you! This is a great position for someone on the way up the management chain.
Any interested manager must have a proven track record of maximizing revenue, inventory, employee performance and training, as well as have a desire to be a leader in the local community.
- Teach, train, and motivate a staff of 7 plus sales assistant
- Handle agency business
- Have knowledge of wide orbit traffic and comScore ratings
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed
- Flexible & creative
- Direct sales team on all business; attend & conduct sales meetings (weekly), training sessions and client meetings
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Work to maximize revenue
- Work hand-in-glove with other departments
- Develop and Manage NTR programs and digital sales
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and co-workers
- Recruit, hire and train new Account Executives
- Develop and maintain superior product knowledge of both station(s) assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current station(s) programming schedule(s)
- Be a strong contributor to every local sales project
- Involvement in local and civic organizations is important
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
- Must possess valid driver’s license with clean record
All interested parties should submit their resume to Kate Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org EOE