A well-respected multi-market TV group in the Midwest is in search of a Chief Engineer. If you have experience in commercial digital/analog television broadcast equipment and technologies, this could be the opportunity for you. Engineer will be responsible for combining traditional broadcast engineering skills with forward thinking IT technology and communications development.
All levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities including by not limited to:
- Lead and manage the station’s broadcast engineering department and master control staff.
- Manage the day-to-day technical operations of the station.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of all broadcast station equipment.
- Evaluate, prioritize, and correct equipment deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Oversee technical training of all operations and maintenance personnel.
- IT & RF knowledge.
- Technical knowledge of broadcast system software and applications.
- Knowledge of all FCC regulations.
- Detail oriented and highly accurate in record keeping and work habits.
- Leadership & budgeting skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or computer sciences preferred
- At least five years’ experience as a Chief Broadcast Engineer, Broadcast Engineer, or similar
- Engineering position in the commercial television broadcast industry preferred
- Technologically savvy with the ability to problem solve and adapt quickly
- Ability to be flexible and available on weekends and overnights
- Possession of a valid drivers’ license with a good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and work from various heights from a ladder
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
All interested parties should submit their resume to Kate Glenn, email@example.com