Looking for a new job while working full time can be tough. While you want to give your all to your current employer, it is almost a full-time job looking for a new one.
Here are some tips to help:
- DO keep giving 100% while on the job. Try to do as much as you can on your search after hours.
- DO keep engaged so you are keeping an image of the ultimate professional
- DO have a plan on how to handle if your boss finds out. Know what you will say and what you expect to get out of it.
- DO ask for interviews either before work or after. Don’t try to cram into a lunch hour.
- DON’T use your company phone, computer or email to handle your search.
- DON’T share references until you are sure you want the job and at that point, let them know that it is confidential. OR, wait until you have the offer you want and then release them as most companies will agree to an offer upon positive references.
- DON’T agree to an interview in a competitor’s office during key working hours as you more than likely will be seen.