Many of us use social media for networking. Many of us use it to learn about a new business opportunity, a new job opportunity, to gather information, or to connect with an old friend. LinkedIn is a popular site for business networking. So why is it that the majority of users don’t bother to include their contact information on their profile?
Not everyone checks their LI (LinkedIn) account regularly so may miss important messages or connections. A lost opportunity.
I am amazed how few bother to keep this profile updated. With 660 Million users here are some facts that may encourage you to spend a few minutes updating your profile-
- 85% of US companies use LI to recruit
- When making purchase decisions, 50% of B2B buyers use LI
- Every single Fortune 500 company has representatives on LI
- LI users who include a profile photo receive 21x more profile views and up to 36 more messages; those with a professional headshot on their profile receives 14 x more views
- Listing 5 or more skills on your profile can lead up to 17x more views
Do yourself a favor and update your profile – add a professional picture, include details on ABOUT ME which can show your passion, expertise and career goals along with accomplishments. This is where you can set yourself apart from others. And by all means, add a personal email and phone number.
Don’t miss those new opportunities!