We continue to get questions from clients about why it is so hard to recruit, especially sellers, in today’s market. Let us remind you of why this is happening:
- Time of the year – many employees are not interested in making a move until after the holidays
- Tight labor market – COVID changed many minds about how they view going into an office every day
- Costs of labor are increasing and media sales starting compensation is usually very low
- Lack of educating the community on why they should work for your company
Immediate fixes we suggest:
- Review your culture and make necessary changes, doing a survey works wonders!
- Consider hiring part-time or flex-time sellers as it opens up a much larger talent pool. Do sellers really need to report to the office every day?
- Understand your local updated cost of living. Can someone afford to work on your starting compensation packages for up to a year?
- Update your website and social media, sharing reasons why you are a good place to work.
- Use socializing over the holidays to reach out to new prospects and add them to your pipeline of potential sellers.
Recruiting is now a 24/7 commitment and without it you will struggle. At Media Staffing Network, we have numerous solutions to help you succeed and stand above the competition in hiring!