Account Management/ Marketing - Medium Market
Our client, a national media group is adding to their Midwest staff with either full or part-time options to work with local and regional businesses on helping them grow through offering of strategic marketing solutions.
The company is well respected, offers excellent growth potential, a high amount of training and above average benefits. They own radio stations, with a strong digital footprint in six markets across the US.
Learn from a variety of well-known, successful trainers both online, and in person; the company heavily invests to help their employees be the best and most successful in their markets. They are there with support, ideas, and examples to help you every day in a family like atmosphere. Many of the current staff have been there for many years so have grown together and are very friendly. Micro managing does not exist but there is individual and personalized goals and support.
The company offers a base salary with incentives to earn an above average income, along with full medical plans including dental-, vision-, short- and long-term disability and participation in a 401K. All of this in a fun, fast paced entertainment business. The company is involved with local charities and non-profits and gives much back to the community. The company values and supports volunteerism. The station is open to establishing barter accounts to help lower individual costs for gas or phone.
The account managers report directly to the General Manager and while a member of a team, are also very independent with flexibility to be out meeting with business owners and managers to discuss business solutions. This opportunity is ideal for those creative, caring types who take pride in helping both local business and the community. The group is a major source of local news, traffic, and weather for the region.
The market is in a highly desirable part of the country, affordable cost of living, close to various large markets with year-round outdoor activities.
The client has an open list of billing accounts which is ideal for a more seasoned, experienced outside salesperson, however, there are also opportunities for more junior prospects. There is an opportunity for the right person to represent the station virtually out of Chicago to call on local direct clients and agencies. Currently the station is not utilizing Nielsen so not showing up in numbers, so this is not an opportunity for someone who knows only how to present numbers versus conceptually.
- Revenue achievement monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Prospect and develop new customer partnerships and meet with in person as needed*
- Focus on customer service, work with clients to determine needs and create solutions to achieve them
- Completes other duties as assigned or requested as it pertains to the position of sales, service and follow through with clients
- Regular communication with management on status updates on prospects, clients, and achievement of goals
- Attend all scheduled meetings and events, which could include after hours at times for events, there is a weekly meeting on Wednesdays
- Entertainment of prospects and clients
- Ongoing and timely updating of CRM system
*When deemed safe
- 2 years of progressive direct sales experience is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of business-to-business sales experience, preferred
- Strong organizational / time management skills, careful attention to detail
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Skilled in working with clients to develop and cultivate client relationships in order to grow accounts, a plus
- Sales achievement with experience in consultative or “needs” based selling techniques, a plus
- Have a collaborative and professional style with the objective of building strong relationships with diverse customer groups and vendors
- Be a self-starter with a diligent work ethic and demonstrated flexibility
- Able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including delivering effective presentations
- An understanding of marketing
- A passion to help grow local businesses
- Goal oriented, challenge oriented with a desire to earn more income annually
Interested parties should reach out in confidence to Laurie Kahn, email@example.com All inquiries are confidential.