Small Market Media Account Executive
For over 135 years, the GBT has served mid-Kansas in bringing up-to-the minute news, weather, sports and all pertinent local information. We are a hometown employer who is known and respected, can help grow businesses and gives back to the community in a huge way.
At the GBT we are much more than a newspaper, we work with local businesses to help them grow. Our Account Managers dig deep to uncover their challenges and use our complete Toolbox to create solutions including advertising, marketing, events and more. We are their partner in communicating to the community.
We are an open-door management company, where employees are empowered to think out of the box, use creativity and research together to coach our clients how to grow their business. Our management team is here to help train, grow careers and grow revenue for the company. We have support, training and tools to help all of our staff attain their growth potential and career aspirations while offering a competitive compensation with benefits.
The GBT is owned by Morris Multimedia, a privately held company that owns and operates 70 publications including four dailies as well as eleven network-affiliate television stations and other media-related ventures in ten states and the Caribbean. Morris Multimedia has been a leading innovator in local media since 1970.
- Account Managers are compensated by combining a base salary along with commission incentives
- Established account list with opportunities to expand
- Auto allowance and reimbursement for approved sales expenses incurred in the course of selling and servicing your account list
- Medical Insurance with Prescription Drugs
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account
- Profit Sharing
- Paid PTO
- Wellness program
- Warm, caring workplace with support
- To conduct in person meetings with existing, past and potential clients in the immediate region. Through detailed probing and excellent listening skills, take gathered information to create marketing solutions utilizing the GBT services
- Maintain and build a list of prospective clients to pursue, build relationships, notify of updates, new programs and opportunities
- Learn and share the reasons and benefits of advertising and purchasing of GBT products
- Provide accurate and detailed information on client needs to appropriate internal departments to implement program such as production, billing and if needed graphic design
- Create, calculate and present marketing opportunities to clients and prospects
- Build strong relationships with clients, peers and community leaders
- Attend all required training and sales meetings, company events and networking events in the community
- With a strong attention to detail, offer final approval on ads prior to publication
- Meet monthly sales goals
- Obtain credit information and collect balances due from customers
Proficient in MS Office/computer, research and math; CRM experience a plus
- A ‘service’ or ‘sales’ mentality – ability to know how to conduct a Customer Needs Analysis (CNA), follow up with presentation and have proven ‘closing’ skills
- Ability to attend required number of face-to-face client meetings and to provide transportation for timely arrival. Ideal is a minimum of 3 cold calls, 1 new proposal and 15 in person meetings weekly
- Curiosity and passion to stay on top of all local competitive media (daily and weekly publications, yellow pages, broadcast, cable, direct mail, out of home ads, digital, etc.)
- Conduct all interactions in a positive, professional manner
- Outside sales experience a plus
- Compensation will include a combination of salary and incentives.
- Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested in learning more? Please contact Carrie@mediastaffingnetwork.com
All inquiries are confidential.